The time has finally come! After months of work, we’re ready to release our biggest update to date. The stars and planets have aligned and sprung forth 250 changes for our 2.5.0 beta release. Illuminati confirmed. We hope this update finds you well during the holiday season.
As most of you know, the concept and biggest addition backing beta 2.5 is the new multiplayer mode, hence the “Kinship” subtitle. Although, that might be overreaching due to the inclusion of PVP and, you know, that griefing friend you probably have.
As with most large major updates, expect a few hitches here and there at first. We’ll be adhering to our normal post-major rapid release cycle to address any beta 2.5 issues to make sure everything is ironed out and stable. Thank you to all that helped out to test this release; we couldn’t have made it here without you!
Check out the Multiplayer Information page if you want to know more about how multiplayer works (both technically and in-game): http://www.waywardgame.com/multiplayer
Some other prominent takeaways from the changelog (some featured in the video above):
- You can now milk tamed goats. Your taming skill will reduce the amount happiness your goat will lose when being milked.
- Added many new items including some rare items, lore-related items and added all types of mortars and pestles.
- Redesigned all menus, ranging from the save game screen, to the options screen, to interrupting screens such as loading, confirm, or input screens.
- Controlled fires (campfires, furnaces, etc.) will now last longer as they will eventually reduce to embers that can be re-stoked for normal functionality.
- Added a new menu that automatically saves previous characters you’ve used, to use again or create new characters from.
- Creatures will now take offerings from the ground and become tamed.
- Added a new ore type, along with all the craftable tools, armors and weapons associated with it.
- There are now 20 saves slots.
- Skill hovers now reveal which stats each skill can increase.
- Added a “pause menu” when in game which pauses single-player games in real-time turn mode. From it you may continue the game, return to the main menu, view the game options, and view multiplayer options for your world.
- You can now hold down shift (rebindable) to turn directions without moving.
- Arrows are now crafted with arrow shafts (making them lighter overall).
- Updated the controls system to allow multiple binds on the same bindable action, more press types (mouse left, right, middle, scroll up and down, etc), and ctrl, alt, shift modifiers along with any press.
- Added cooling lava and obsidian tiles (with a new resource and new functionality).
- Added a resistance/vulnerability output for creatures with accuracy based on anatomy skill.
As always, take a look at the full changelog here: http://www.waywardgame.com/changelog or view the giant text wall below.