Wayward Beta 1.5 has been released! Dubbed “Watergate” after the controversy of the inclusion of thirst and water in the last update and a reference to the real-life scandal. Get it? It’s a pun… anyways… water and thirst is a lot easier in 1.5. How easier? Well, if you read the previously posted “On Thirst & Hydration” post, you can get an idea on what changed and why.
Besides the water and thirst changes, there’s lots of other changes, and I mean A LOT! Take a look at the changelog! There’s close to 70 changes there. Some of the best stuff is as follows:
- You no longer move to fire bows (yes, there’s more than one now!), instead, you can double click to fire them (provided you have the ammunition).
- Aberrant monsters now spawn (more at night/in caves/on treasure). They are doubly as strong (both defense/attack), always hostile, and can potentially drop rare items.
- Milestone system has been implemented. Special bonuses are given out on obtaining each one. More milestones will appear each release.
- Fixed a bug that always focused on the crafting filter when you opened the inventory window.
- The inventory now also has a filter option for name/group.
- A handful of new items have been introduced including a focus on Archery/Bowcrafting materials/weapons.
- You can now control + right click to attempt to drop all of the same type of items on the ground/container. You can also hold control while drag/dropping items for the same effect between containers/inventory.
- Ore veins now have the potential to be double the size.
- Items quickslotted will now re-quickslot on use if available from your inventory.
- Windows (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
- Linux 32-bit (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
- Linux 64-bit (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
- Mac OS X (10.7+) (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
Do a hard refresh or clear your cache if beta 1.4 is still popping up for you.
13 thoughts on “Wayward Beta 1.5 Released: Watergate”
Welp, there goes my week.
Should my save from 1.4 load or does this version require a fresh start? It just hangs at loading if I have my 1.4 save folder present…
(Windows standalone version)
The only way i’ve found to resolve this issue is to load up your 1.4 copy. Load the Save/Load to File mod:
Save your game to a file, then go to the browser version of the game:
Load up the mod again, and save your game to another file. Open your 1.5 standalone, again load up the mod, then load your last save file.
For some reason this seems to work for most players.
Hi Thanks for the mod advice. Sadly I had already tried that with the same results, hangs on loading
When you have time, please email me the save file and I will see if I can fix it up for you.
Cheers V, you’ve made a very happy man.
This game is amazing! I love it! I hope to see many more updates coming to this game! 😀 <3
We agree it is! And I’m pretty sure we will get more updates made! Thanks for the <3.
There is something so special about this game, somehow made all the more special because I can’t put my finger on why!
I don’t have a right button so How do I drop items then.
You can change the default double click action to drop: http://screencast.com/t/e2FOPDkzhE
Hello, I’m using the MacOSX standalone version and can’t save. It says it saves but just starts as if it didn’t next time I open it. Any way to troubleshoot?
Hey there, unfortunately there’s a bug on the Mac OS X version that doesn’t allow automatic saving. The only work around right now is to download the Save/Load from file modification here: http://www.unlok.ca/wayward-mods/