Not as much happening this week with Wayward, besides playing around with the interface a bit. There’s quite a few changes with the UI as you can see from the screenshot. Not sure how many of the changes will stick around and make it into Beta 1.8, but a neat experiment nonetheless. Let me know what you think!
Back-up your game regularly if you care about it, especially with these weekly releases. There’s a Save/Load modification available for this task. Wayward is a still a beta!
Once you go weekly, there’s no going back in your save, it will convert it if you play online.
Play Wayward Weekly
Wayward Beta 1.7.3 Changelog
Fixed a bug where:
- Starting a game with an equipped torch would not provide a light bonus until you moved.
- Equipping a torch would not provide a light bonus until you moved.
- Dialogs could be moved past screen a bit.
- Dialogs would move a bit when you closed and opened them back up after resizing them.
- Hitting a creature in water while on ground would produce Swimming skill gains, particle effects, and even cure “Burning Pain”.
- Moving into chests or other blocked tiles while encumbered would reduce stamina and potentially hurt you.
- Legendary items would change their bonuses on each pick-up.
- Rendering performance improved a bit.
- A Pole-like is no longer needed in the Campfire recipe.
- Added a meta tag that should stop iOS (beta) from displaying the top/bottom bars.
- Dialogs now support smaller minimum widths and heights to support more customized placements/layouts.
- Dialogs now appear to be transparent if not hovered over them. This will allow you to possibly leave them open more frequently now as you can see enemies behind them.
- Other various improvements done to dialogs like condensing everything a bit, adding some new styling, and adding the filter into the button bar instead of inside the dialog.
- Raw Clay can now be placed back down as a tile.
- When you place a tile over grass, it will now die and turn to dirt.
- Added favicon and app icon support for iOS/Android/Microsoft including retina displays with a new Wayward icon (instead of the “U” from Unlok).
- Release variable now added instead of it being hard-coded in all the file pathing.
- A few minor edits were done to the language/english.js file.