Following along with our Wayward Weekly, this week we have beta 1.7.2 for you. Focusing once again on bug fixing with beta 1.7… there’s a lot of them! There’s some pretty cool new stuff as well. Read below for all the details.
Back-up your game regularly if you care about it, especially with these weekly releases. There’s a Save/Load modification available for this task. Wayward is a still a beta!
Once you go weekly, there’s no going back in your save, it will convert it if you play online.
Play Wayward Weekly
Wayward Beta 1.7.2 Changelog
Fixed a bug where:
- Solar Stills would never finish purifying water.
- Monsters would no longer spawn in late-game Daily Challenge Mode.
- Some newer items would display the wrong item on the ground/pick-up animation.
- Solar Still/Stone Water Still recipes would duplicate on new game.
- Shooting a bow/sling without ammo would give an “undefined” message.
- Fishing a Raw Trout would not unlock the Cooked Trout recipe.
- Tool-tips and item menus would appear behind windows/dialogs.
- Tool-tips did not have smooth movement on some windows/dialogs.
- Firefox would receive many errors when trying to swim near the starting point of the world.
- Treasure guardian message would show even if no treasure guardians spawned.
- Removed monster spawning limit, increased monster de-spawn rate.
- Vined trees will now only show up near swamps.
- Saplings have been added back as gathered resources from trees.
- Large rocks/shale no longer spawn as “resource nodes” on Sandstone.
- All arrowheads can now be used as sharpened items and for carving.
- Sinew is now a rope-like.
- Golden Sword can be used for carving.
- Sapling is now a pole-like and can be used to stoke fires.
- Increased default fishing success by 35%.
- Wooden Spear can now only be crafted with a Wooden Pole.
- Range of treasure guardians increased a bit.
- The non-pixelized font now defaults to your system’s default sans-serif (instead of Helvetica, Arial) for better character/localization support.
- You can now right-click to see the water status on Solar Still/Stone Water Still.
- You can no longer dig up a still that still has water in it.
- Fixed an issue where 0 durability items were not showing up as red in the tool-tips.
- Resource tiles are now physically spawned, rather than items simply spawning on top of them (as shown in screenshot). This will give a large performance boost as well as reduce save file space by 40%+ on new saves. Unfortunately most of this will only apply to newer saves.
- Resource tiles now appear visibly different on the minimap, and are visibly different even outside line of sight.
- Upgraded to jQuery 2.1/jQueryUI 1.10.4.
- english.js (translation file) now reveals when changes are made to the file to keep your translation up to date easier (Removed/Added/Edited with version information). The default english.js file now also includes a statement at the bottom which will switch the user’s font to their default sans-serif font for better character/localization. There was several language changes made in 1.7.2.