Following along with our Wayward Weekly, this week we have beta 1.7.2 for you. Focusing once again on bug fixing with beta 1.7… there’s a lot of them! There’s some pretty cool new stuff as well. Read below for all the details.
Back-up your game regularly if you care about it, especially with these weekly releases. There’s a Save/Load modification available for this task. Wayward is a still a beta!
Once you go weekly, there’s no going back in your save, it will convert it if you play online.
Play Wayward Weekly
Wayward Beta 1.7.2 Changelog
Fixed a bug where:
- Solar Stills would never finish purifying water.
- Monsters would no longer spawn in late-game Daily Challenge Mode.
- Some newer items would display the wrong item on the ground/pick-up animation.
- Solar Still/Stone Water Still recipes would duplicate on new game.
- Shooting a bow/sling without ammo would give an “undefined” message.
- Fishing a Raw Trout would not unlock the Cooked Trout recipe.
- Tool-tips and item menus would appear behind windows/dialogs.
- Tool-tips did not have smooth movement on some windows/dialogs.
- Firefox would receive many errors when trying to swim near the starting point of the world.
- Treasure guardian message would show even if no treasure guardians spawned.
- Removed monster spawning limit, increased monster de-spawn rate.
- Vined trees will now only show up near swamps.
- Saplings have been added back as gathered resources from trees.
- Large rocks/shale no longer spawn as “resource nodes” on Sandstone.
- All arrowheads can now be used as sharpened items and for carving.
- Sinew is now a rope-like.
- Golden Sword can be used for carving.
- Sapling is now a pole-like and can be used to stoke fires.
- Increased default fishing success by 35%.
- Wooden Spear can now only be crafted with a Wooden Pole.
- Range of treasure guardians increased a bit.
- The non-pixelized font now defaults to your system’s default sans-serif (instead of Helvetica, Arial) for better character/localization support.
- You can now right-click to see the water status on Solar Still/Stone Water Still.
- You can no longer dig up a still that still has water in it.
- Fixed an issue where 0 durability items were not showing up as red in the tool-tips.
- Resource tiles are now physically spawned, rather than items simply spawning on top of them (as shown in screenshot). This will give a large performance boost as well as reduce save file space by 40%+ on new saves. Unfortunately most of this will only apply to newer saves.
- Resource tiles now appear visibly different on the minimap, and are visibly different even outside line of sight.
- Upgraded to jQuery 2.1/jQueryUI 1.10.4.
- english.js (translation file) now reveals when changes are made to the file to keep your translation up to date easier (Removed/Added/Edited with version information). The default english.js file now also includes a statement at the bottom which will switch the user’s font to their default sans-serif font for better character/localization. There was several language changes made in 1.7.2.
9 thoughts on “Wayward Weekly: 1.7.2”
I’m playing the weekly build (1.7.2: unlok.ca/weekly) and the Solar Still still duplicated for me. http://prntscr.com/2wr02j
Not overly important, just wanted to highlight.
There’s something wrong with “pole-like” category. Bone pole is pole-like and for crafting campfire you need one pole-like item. Thus, you may craft campfire using bone pole. How can you imagine using a bone pole for campfire?
For the same reason you may craft wooden spear with a bone pole.
The use of it in a Campfire is for food, the spit that cooking food sits/impaled on; however, this was leftover for when you could only cook food with a Campfire and can probably be removed.
How do you save a game data about world? Are they stored locally? What mechanism do you use?
Wayward currently using localStorage to save everything (through the browser). We will probably eventually move over to database storage as this will provide storage and speed benefits. We are looking at localForage: https://github.com/mozilla/localForage
Couple of bugs:
Food doesn’t decay when stored in a chest on the ground (It decays perfectly fine just on the ground, though). Just came back from a fairly distant treasure hunt and the food I had stashed prior is still around the high 3k decay mark.
The bonus on legendary items will change every time you put it into a bag (Possibly other containers) and pull it out.
And now a third:
Really weird bug when I used a raft and drifted ~80 or so tiles. Upon landing, my weight suddenly shifted up 35lbs and I became heavily encumbered. I stripped my gear down completely, but I still had that weight even when I was completely naked and itemless. So, I did about the only thing left on the table: I relaunched the game. Upon loading back in, I can now see 35lbs worth of rotten meat that was invisible before..
No idea how that happened, heh.
I have not been able to reproduce the issue where food isn’t decaying in chest or invisible items appearing after raft, but I’ll keep testing.
Good catch about the Legendary issue though.
Not being able to reproduce the food not decaying is odd, but I’m not surprised the raft issue isn’t straight forward. I even double checked myself by passing a few ticks near the chest and checking the meat again. Sure enough, the meat in the built chest didn’t match the decay drop from the meat on my character.
Here’s a couple screenshots before and after closing for the third bug, although I screwed up on the second (I always forget to scroll back to the upper left after pasting the first into Paint, heh). NoScript should only be impacting google-analytics.com.