Well, we got one pretty game-changing feature in this week with the inclusion of “Actions” which allows players to Inspect, Gather, Attack, Drink, and Pick-up with the press of a button rather than needing specific items or walking into tiles. We’ll also see more actions coming up soon, but I know a lot of people will appreciate being able to drink fresh water from a tile without needing an item.
Back-up your game regularly if you care about it, especially with these weekly releases. There’s a Save/Load modification available for this task. Wayward is a still a beta!
Once you go weekly, there’s no going back in your save, it will convert it if you play online.
Play Wayward Weekly
Wayward Beta 1.8.5 Changelog
Fixed a bug where:
- Item menus would hover off of the left side of the screen.
- Items in an opened container would not update if decayed (and cause errors) until re-opened.
- An opened container would not close if thrown.
- Movement was being dictated by FPS which on some configurations (GPU/browser) was causing very fast movements.
- Errors were produced when killing a monster from shot/thrown item.
- Slowed down plant spreading by about 50%.
- Increased chance at getting hurt from not using a tool while gathering (and now picking up items without a tool via new Actions menu).
- Throwing and shooting (slings/bows) now reduce stamina based on a Tactics skill check like attacking melee currently does.
- New “Actions” menu (hotkey “q”) implemented. This will create a contextual menu for your facing tile where one or more of the following actions will now be available: Inspect, Gather, Attack, Drink and/or Pick-up.
- Fixed some possible bugs/errors caused by not converting item id’s to numbers (parseInt).