Life’s been busy, but thanks for sticking around. Beta 1.9 has been released and it’s full of all of our great Weekly changes as well as a giant list of other things. Some of the more exciting things include vulnerabilities and resistances being revealed in combat, a fix to that annoying invisible rotten meat bug, a couple new survival food items, and being able to change directions while moving with your mouse without needing to de-click and changing directions. That’s just scratching the surface though, make sure to read below.
Windows (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
Linux 32-bit (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
Linux 64-bit (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
Mac OS X (10.7+) (Mirror #1) (Mirror #2)
Just like beta 1.8 previously, 1.9 contains all the fixes/changes/additions from the intermediary versions and some brand new stuff as well, this time quite a lot. You can expect everything from 1.8.1-1.8.6 and the following:
Fixed a bug where:
- De-spawning would stop to function properly after awhile in a game/session.
- Using quick-slotted items with hotkeys would bypass sling/bow equip restrictions and cause containers not to work.
- Quickslotted items would not restock if thrown from the item menu.
- 0 durability items being blocked from crafting if they were just required (and not consumed).
- Dying while rafting would cause the player to become stuck on respawn.
- Invisible rotten meat would keep spawning in a player’s inventory if they had some meat with a 0 decay in the first spot of a container, in the first spot of their inventory. You can see how this one was hard to track down!
- Filters would not work in Safari.
- Items would disappear if you tried to use “Drop (All) In Opened Container” when not facing the chest.
- Closing a container with the “X” would not actually close the container via game logic, possibly causing some container errors.
- Fists and throwing items with no damage type would result in no vulnerabilities and resistances being applied.
- Players could get different items back after they just placed a tile. For example, getting shale from a pile of gravel they just placed down.
- Randomized events will now happen more frequently.
- Acceleration on movement slowed down on turning to produce more accurate facing movements.
- Slowed down monster de-spawn a bit (although, it’s much faster than before due to a bug fix).
- Items you cannot craft are displayed with a red border instead of a very low opacity.
- If a container breaks from throwing, the items inside now scatter around the point of impact.
- Decreased the durability on branches, bones, and wooden poles to promote crafting of higher tiered items for gathering/fighting.
- You can now turn while moving with your mouse and holding down, instead of having to de-click, and then changing directions.
- Increased vine whip durability.
- “A Spear” is now “A Stone Spear”.
- You now always have a chance at doing at least 1 damage to a creature.
- Resists and vulnerabilities re-balanced across all creatures.
- Fixed some grammar issues with combat messages.
- A couple new survival food related items added.
- Added a couple missing translation texts including recipe skill, equipment type, damage types, and dialog titles.
- A pick-up option was added to the action menu for doors.
- Inspecting an aberrant monster will now reveal it’s abnormal.
- Combat messages will now reveal effectiveness of what you are using to damage a creature.
- New fancy webkit-only scroll bars!
- Item CSS is now generated dynamically instead of via CSS. This will improve modibility and changing of items on the fly.
6 thoughts on “Wayward Beta 1.9 Released!”
Awesome changes! Finally on the road to Beta 2.0!
And the road to Season Two of Arobsite’s Let’s Play!
Great job! Wayward becomes better and better each version. I’ll tell all my friends about this lovely game.
Does anyone get stuck on the loading screen by using google chrome?
Bad news i founded a bug “-.-
if you put a Weapon on the quickslot (in this case a Stone Shovel) having your weapons equiped and save and close your game, and you restart the game, the shovel is using 1 slot but also you have your weapons equiped.
Sorry if my english isn´t good and Good luck with this nice game 😀
Here is the Img
Love it, cheers mate!