This week has been all about bug fixing. We have a large batch of issues that we have corrected in this release, but still have a few more to go, as well as some improvements we’d like to see get in before we start on beta 2.6. So, a beta 2.5.5 is indeed planned for next weekend likely. Please keep reporting any issues you run into!
We are also aware of a couple issues related to hardware from some players that we cannot fix quite yet. We are waiting for an update upstream (Electron) to potentially patch out these issues. Apologies if you are one of the few that are experiencing these issues.
- Palm leaves are now considered tinder.
- You can now once again remove quickslotted items by dragging and dropping from your quickslots (like prior to beta 2.5).
- Mods now refresh when closing the Steam Overlay anywhere in the main menu. The “load game” menu now reloads the save list when mods are refreshed.
- The item list for containers now displays in the correct sentence case (for both inspect messages and tooltips).
- Removed the visual notifier for decayed lit torches, and removed references to “unequipping” them on decay.
- Fixed items breaking their quickslot assignment when they were automatically re-assigned when getting the item in your inventory again in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that would result in hatching a chicken (and boiling the egg) when placing an egg on cooling lava. Yep. (Thanks holyshield!)
- Fixed an issue where binds could get stuck pressed during an auto save.
- Corrected a visual glitch when equipping the spyglass.
- Fixed games not loading with custom skills (while skill window is set to auto open) after the mod has been disabled.
- Fixed containers not closing on death. (Thanks blay.paul!)
- Fixed the auto save screen not staying up until the save had completed.
- Fixed quick moving items (using the new bind) facing you into a certain direction.
- Fixed an issue where using “Continue Game” did not warn about any missing mods you may have.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow save game mods to be imported unless you loaded a game and then went back to the main menu.
- Fixed multiple binds appearing as “OR bind OR bind”
- Fixed audio fading in/out not being implemented correctly (leading to abrupt music stopping/starting) for some players in some instances.
- Fixed a bug where hovering over a skill or milestone would flash and show “N/A” when passing a turn. (Thanks Amax!)
- Fixed inspect messages showing incorrect sentence cases doodads, creatures, and tile events.
- Fixed incorrect pluralization on some items including “Pile of Sands”. (Thanks the rift!)
- Fixed a bug that resulted in lit doodads staying embers forever among other oddities. (Thanks MadMarcAgain!)
- Fixed a visual glitch when gathering treasure on top of a cave entrance. (Thanks Tevervin!)
- Fixed some grammar/wording issues within the Starter Quest.
- Fixed various glitches when using actions by the world’s edge.
- Fixed incorrect graphics being visible when planting seeds on the world’s edge. (Thanks blay.paul!)
- Fixed some grammar issues with damage types in combat messages.
- Fixed recipes not unlocking if one of the components was quickslotted/equipped and protected crafting items was enabled. (Thanks DarkAcheron!)
- Fixed rare instances of templates (walls/doors) appearing over cave entrances on world generation. (Thanks holyshield!)
- Fixed the Starter Quest mod always showing as disabled when loading save games with it enabled. (Thanks Megan!)
- Creatures can no longer become tamed with items that are not crafted by players (if the item can be crafted), fixing Hobgoblins being tame from their own traps. (Thanks jopi!)
- Added a registerPacket method to BaseMod that allow mods to easily add new packets.
- Fixed grasp and deliberate pick-up actions not working when noclipping.
- Fixed spawn coordinates not saving the “z” value on game reload. (Thanks Amax!)