Happy Saturday all!
We’ve been busy getting some “day 1” patches ready for ya’ll. In no particular order:
- Improved wayward.log file. It now outputs the full stack-trace of errors when they arise. This will make it easier for us to debug future issues.
- Added red highlighting if the required doodad for an item is missing in the crafting tooltip.
- Removed weird tray icon on Mac OS X version.
- Added additional error protection when using unknown items (due to unloaded mods/other issues).
- Added a zoom-factor flag for those who want increased UI/font sizes. A more finalised implementation will be added in a future patch.
- Fixed music stopping at the end of the track list.
- Fixed the Display Mode button showing you’re windowed when you’re actually fullscreened in the Options menu.
- Fixed the crafting dialog appearing blank after playing subsequent games without restarting the game.
- Fixed “Gather Treasure” not working when Tattered Maps are in player containers.
- Fixed crafting/quickslot errors with water containers/torches when the original item is in a quickslot.
- Fixed some bad quotes in Starter Quest quest.
More changes and fixes are coming! We wanted to get a start on the major bugs for now.
If you want to use the new zoom feature, it’s a bit technical, but here goes:
You’ll need to go in Wayward’s folder in Steam. To do this, you can right-click Wayward in your game library. Click on Properties then head to the “Local files” tab. From there you can “Browse local files”. In the folder, you’ll see a launch_options.json file. You’ll need to edit/open this with a text editor (Notepad). You will see a zoomFactor option with a “:1” beside it. Simply change that “1” to a new value, like 1.2, 1.5, or even 2 (if you are running 4k for example). Save/overwrite the file, and launch Wayward!
Again, this is just a temporary fix, we’ll be adding it to the in-game options as well.