Just thought I’d give a short update and mention a current poll going on for Roguelike of the Year 2013.
Beta 1.7 Spoilers
The first pre-release, preview build of Wayward beta 1.7 has been released for all you donators. Make sure to view the spreadsheet for the link. There’s already quite a few things complete from the to-do list, as you can see in the changelog. Some of the coolest changes and fixes so far include:
- Monsters will no longer spawn on any player made tiles/flooring.
- Removed all “Poor” items. They have been all renamed to match material descriptors instead of quality descriptors. Several minor recipe changes because of this.
- Fixed several errors and oversights relating to treasure items and travelling home (would not always count the proper amount). Removed all treasure finding messages.
- Equipped containers no longer get damaged (preventing several errors and unintended consequences).
- Fixed an error occurring when trying to light a fire with an empty container equipped.
- Fixed a long standing bug that would cause the character to continue moving if focus of the tab/window was left while a key was being pressed (among other causes). This would routinely cause players to die as they would continue walking into monsters or getting hurt from stamina loss.
- There is new status effect called “Burning Pain”.
I’ll try to reveal some more goodies from beta 1.7 coming up soon!
Request for Votes: Ascii Dreams Roguelike of the Year 2013
The Ascii Dreams blog is once again running their Roguelike of the Year poll. Yes, we all know who is going to win (T.o.M.E. 4), but that shouldn’t stop you from voting on all your favourite roguelikes this year. Please note, you are able to vote for as many roguelikes as you want! Vote here. There’s currently 8 days left to vote and nearly 4000 people have voted at the time of this post. Want to see a bigger full-screen version of the poll? Click here.
JamesIII has been working on updates to his “Wayward mini-game” as it was previously called. This fully customized world is filled with landmarks, puzzles, story narrative, and more.
If you are looking for some more stuff to do in beta 1.6, this can provide quite a bit of exploratory fun. Check out the forum thread for more information/screenshots.