Life’s been busy, but thanks for sticking around. Beta 1.9 has been released and it’s full of all of our great Weekly changes as well as a giant list of other things. Some of the more exciting things include vulnerabilities and resistances being revealed in combat, a fix to that annoying invisible rotten meat bug, a couple new survival food items, and being able to change directions while moving with your mouse without needing to de-click and changing directions. That’s just scratching the surface though, make sure to read below.
Just like beta 1.8 previously, 1.9 contains all the fixes/changes/additions from the intermediary versions and some brand new stuff as well, this time quite a lot. You can expect everything from 1.8.1-1.8.6 and the following:
Fixed a bug where:
- De-spawning would stop to function properly after awhile in a game/session.
- Using quick-slotted items with hotkeys would bypass sling/bow equip restrictions and cause containers not to work.
- Quickslotted items would not restock if thrown from the item menu.
- 0 durability items being blocked from crafting if they were just required (and not consumed).
- Dying while rafting would cause the player to become stuck on respawn.
- Invisible rotten meat would keep spawning in a player’s inventory if they had some meat with a 0 decay in the first spot of a container, in the first spot of their inventory. You can see how this one was hard to track down!
- Filters would not work in Safari.
- Items would disappear if you tried to use “Drop (All) In Opened Container” when not facing the chest.
- Closing a container with the “X” would not actually close the container via game logic, possibly causing some container errors.
- Fists and throwing items with no damage type would result in no vulnerabilities and resistances being applied.
- Players could get different items back after they just placed a tile. For example, getting shale from a pile of gravel they just placed down.
- Randomized events will now happen more frequently.
- Acceleration on movement slowed down on turning to produce more accurate facing movements.
- Slowed down monster de-spawn a bit (although, it’s much faster than before due to a bug fix).
- Items you cannot craft are displayed with a red border instead of a very low opacity.
- If a container breaks from throwing, the items inside now scatter around the point of impact.
- Decreased the durability on branches, bones, and wooden poles to promote crafting of higher tiered items for gathering/fighting.
- You can now turn while moving with your mouse and holding down, instead of having to de-click, and then changing directions.
- Increased vine whip durability.
- “A Spear” is now “A Stone Spear”.
- You now always have a chance at doing at least 1 damage to a creature.
- Resists and vulnerabilities re-balanced across all creatures.
- Fixed some grammar issues with combat messages.
- A couple new survival food related items added.
- Added a couple missing translation texts including recipe skill, equipment type, damage types, and dialog titles.
- A pick-up option was added to the action menu for doors.
- Inspecting an aberrant monster will now reveal it’s abnormal.
- Combat messages will now reveal effectiveness of what you are using to damage a creature.
- New fancy webkit-only scroll bars!
- Item CSS is now generated dynamically instead of via CSS. This will improve modibility and changing of items on the fly.