Today is a special day. Today is the day beta 2.5.1 is released. What, is there something else going on today?
Joking aside, we have a small patch ready for everybody to hopefully fix up most of the multiplayer desyncing issues. We’ve also fixed up some weight bugs, improved fire interaction, and corrected a few other issues. Keep reporting any new issues you find!
We still have a fairly large todo for the 2.5.x series, so this is nowhere close to the end of what we want to do before work begins on beta 2.6. We’ll continue releasing these small patches as we go.
Happy “spending time with family but wishing you were playing video games” day!
- Item quality and skill bonuses are now applied when healing creatures.
- Healing amount is now listed for creature healing in item tooltips.
- Fire overflowing (caused from over-stoking a fire) can now spread to nonflammable tiles (except for water) with flammable items on it.
- Over-stoking open fires can now overflow fire on to adjacent tiles mirroring the functionality of doodads.
- Smooth rocks can now be dismantled into stones.
- Added dedicated server command line option, “hardwareAcceleration” to control hardware acceleration.
- Lit doodads will now always be greater than any open fire that exists on top of it (due to over-stoking, items, etc.).
- Fixed up some padding and widths on various UI elements.
- Fixed multiplayer desyncs caused by leaving the skills window open.
- Fixed a multiplayer desync caused by sorting items.
- Fixed a multiplayer desync caused by quick slotting items.
- Prevented a bug that caused doodads to disappear when a lava beetle spit lava under it.
- Fixed an issue where stones from piles of rocks were too heavy. (Thanks black silence!)
- Fixed an issue where bundles of switchgrass and bushels of wheat could have too low of weight when dismantled. (Thanks Amax!)
- Corrected a hard limit that corrupted game saving/loading when changing the world too much (and possibly other causes).
- Fixed items not burning when a lava beetle spit lava underneath them.
- Fixed the OnTileUpdate hook not being called when players join a multiplayer game.
- Fixed the “failed to load required mods” multiplayer message not always showing the mods that failed to load.
- Fixed up a couple grammar mistakes.
- Overflowing fire can now spread to tiles with creatures on them.
- Balanced desert oases by adding more varied tree growth states (less mature trees) and more grass.
- Fixed “TooltipLocation.BottomLeft” and “TooltipLocation.BottomRight” not positioning tooltips correctly. (Thanks Amax!)
- Fixed “CheckButton.getText” and “CheckButton.setText” not using the correct text. (Thanks Amax!)
- Fixed a bug that did not update your crafts and weight on respawning. (Thanks Amax!)