Let’s fix up some more of those bugs and balance issues!
We still have some work to do in the 2.2.x series, but here’s another medium batch of balance tweaks, bug fixes, and miscellaneous smaller improvements. Oh, and a couple minor new things too! There’s a good chance if you’ve reported something in the last week or so, you’ll see it in the list below. But if not, like I said, we still have some plans for more of these quicker minor patches.
- Fixed a bug that did not allow water routing (digging pathways of water).
- Fixed an issue where tile animations would continue to occur after a lava tile was changed into something else.
- Fixed a bug that was showing the corpse carving hint when walking over blood instead of corpses.
- Fishing on to land no longer produces a water sound effect.
- Fixed an issue where a never-ending saving screen would occur when saving an older game that used mods that added creatures.
- Added a check to stop errors when dismantling an impossibly weighted item (that appeared in beta 2.0).
- Fixed an issue that changed doodads into other doodads when travelling to a new island after reloading that game (due to save conversion).
- Fixed a bug where the character’s facing direction was not updated when a confirmation screen was triggered.
- Fixed a bug where breaking open a locked chest would not spill its contents.
- You are no longer allowed to place tiles or build doodads over lava.
- Fixed an issue where the new milestone fix was causing the game not to load. This was hot-fixed within the 2.1.1 update.
- Hostile creatures now break aggression more commonly.
- Malignity from skill use now occurs whether or not you gained in that skill. To counter-balance this, many skills have a much decreased malignity gain. Additionally, some skills now reduce malignity as well (new feature).
- The malignity you gain from stat gains is now scaled based on the stat itself. The malignity gained from this method now starts off lower than previously.
- Decreased spawning chance of claw worms slightly.
- Aberrant creatures now have a cap on attack damage values.
- Aberrant creature scaling now uses a linear progression, rather than a step/staircase; more smoothly ramping the difficulty.
- Reduced plant spreading chance slightly.
- Increased the damage of the flintlock pistol slightly.
- Slightly increased chances of resources on digging.
- Decreased effectiveness of equipment/armor and parrying against burn damage.
- Increased overall performance and reduced CPU/memory usage. These changes will have a greater impact on lower-end systems.
- Plants now heal themselves over time (durability repairs itself).
- Fade in/out transitions of windows/overlays are now a bit smoother.
- Added coconuts palms to oasis templates.
- Gathering plants and other environmental doodads no longer reduce their default durability.
- Digging lava with hands now burns you.
- You now receive the completion point for a Starter Quest as soon as you have reached it automatically so you can skip it if you missed clicking on the “Complete Quest” if going back a quest.
- Added a “Close” button to the ending of the Starter Quest.
- Added a “Start Quest” button to the beginning of the Starter Quest.
- Added more different types of lava templates and tweaked existing ones.
- Casting your net/line out (via fishing) on to items will now pick them up.
- Added ability to specify amount of damage with onCreatureDamage.
- Added a browsable Wayward documentation resource: https://waywardgame.github.io/