Some of you are getting antsy about beta 2.0, and rightfully so. Our default answer about when it’s coming out is “soon”. It’s mostly been said as a type of “in-joke”, but I can see how that would be a bit frustrating if you weren’t in on it. So when is beta 2.0 coming out?
The truth is, we don’t know. That is why we say “soon”. You could replace that with “when it’s ready”, “when it’s out”, or any other form of indeterministic sayings. When we know, you will know. The Steam page will be up where our release date will be shown to all.
Oh ya, and it really is “soon” now, as you can see by the nearly barren Trello. We are in final testing and polishing mode.
Updates of Note
- You can now drag and drop to the ground from your inventory.
- You can now place containers within containers.
- Crafting now will look through containers in your inventory to find valid items for recipes.
- Containers will now show their contained item weight in the title/tooltip.
- You can now use items from containers inside your inventory.
- You can now sort crafts by category (shows up in unique formatted listing). Many new item categories added with this change.
- A completely overhauled interface/UI has been implemented with new art and design.
- Craft recipes will now unlock if you have only a single of each item required in the craft.
- You can now “Drop All” in to water.
- Fog of war added (black areas that you have not yet explored).
- A new dither style of fog of war/line of sight has been added. You can toggle between the two via options.
- All monsters now have facing direction graphics and attack animations.
This is just a taste of things to come. You can read about the other things in the Changelog as per usual.