The wait is over! Wayward Beta 1.0 is now live. Remember how your worlds didn’t save in Alpha 1.5? NO MORE!
*UPDATE* Beta 1.0.1 has been pushed to online and download copies that fixes a bug to do with dialog re-sizing. If you are having an issue not being able to resize the dialog windows, please grab a new copy.
Besides that very large change, there’s more goodies, such as:
- Cooking on any fire source.
- No more catastrophic failures (resulting in lost items) on crafting, planting, etc.
- Discover new crafts dynamically by crafting or finding instructional scrolls.
- Stand-alone executable (Windows only, for now).
- Legendary (magical) items are now craftable.
- Right click to get information on any given tile.
- Lots of performance fixes.
- Quicker skill gains and skill gains on failures.
- As always, more items, monsters, recipes, tiles and more!
There’s a HUGE changelog of all the changes in Beta 1.0 if you want to take a look here:
Stay tuned for 1.1. I have many more ideas and with the help of the new “second in command”, Frank Orechio – we are working hard to add that extra “oomph” to the gameplay in Wayward.