The very first public release is now out for your enjoyment and consumption!
Play it here: http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/
Some screenshots of what to expect:
Some of the initial features for this early release:
- Tons of bugs, probably.
- Infinite dynamically generated terrain and environments.
- Skill and stat based character progression with attributes based on skills and equipment.
- 5 monsters, 10 tiles, 10 crafting recipes, 5 environmental items, 35 items.
- Usable/edible items with double clicking. Dig up items with the shovel. Eat mushrooms! Drop dirt over water!
- Dropping/planting items with right clicking. Plant and grow mushrooms!
- Environmental items that grow and spread; mushrooms, flowers, etc.
- Monster combat and basic AI.
- Resource gathering and a unique discovery crafting system.
- Canvas/HTML5 gameport rendering with particle effects.
- JQuery/JQueryUI based movable windows/interface with drag and drop capabilities for items and equipment.
- SoundManager2 based sound effects and audio.
- Minimap to help exploration.
- Left hand is equipable.