The changelog is updated every time I add new items to the current in-development Beta. Check back/subscribe via email (located at bottom of page) to see progress updates.
Released August 31st, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- The offline/downloadable clients would not allow mods to be loaded (node-webkit issue).
- Quality of tiles did not transfer between setting down and digging/gathering them back up.
- Slime Gelatin would decay into Rotten Meat.
- Magical “Essense” typo fix.
- Attack and defense values would not be updated after an un-equip.
- When attacking a creature, you will no longer also pick up items from under it in the same turn.
- Water routing ability (digging adjacent to water) and chances now depend on how much water you are trying to route and dig from. If the pool of water tiles is too low, it will not be able to spread naturally; however, above that, the chance for water to route is based on the amount of water tiles in the pool. The more water, the easier the water is to route.
- There is now a 32 and 64 bit versus for the offline OS X version of Wayward (previously only 32-bit).
- Fixed the tile/world perspectives on Forge and Anvil and Wooden Chest and a few other miscellaneous graphic edits.
- Armor now has specific vulnerabilities and resistances and monsters now have damage types to be used in conjunction.
- Attack and defense labels now have hover-over information which includes a more in-depth break down of damage types, resistances, vulnerabilities and skill bonuses for each.
- Transmogrify, Repair, Reinforce, and the new “Preserve” now show up in each item menu to specifically perform item on item action instead of having to drop the item on the ground to perform the actions.
- A new “Preserve” ability has been added to be used on extended the life of foods.
- A few new items including a unique, rare weapon and a new resource (and tile).
Released July 13th, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- Multiple errors could be triggered when using a container that was in the first slot in your inventory.
- A typo that caused some creatures not being able to spawn on shallow sea water.
- Plant Roots was spelled “plant Roots”.
- Fire decay rate status was not being calculated per type, so furnaces for example would always be raging to start and last for a long time. The message is now more accurate.
- You could duplicate items by holding an item in your cursor and picking an item up.
- Sounds would sometimes not play properly in the offline, downloadable version.
- Decode verbiage changed to make more sense with gather treasure changes.
- Aberrant Living Mushrooms now drop/carve into Red Mushrooms instead of the normal white mushrooms.
- Living Mushrooms no longer bleed.
- Removed attack from actions as it caused issues with timing/turns and there’s no option to disable auto attack anyway, so it was confusing/unnecessary.
- The Bull Boat no longer requires treasure, and no longer has a “win” state applied to it – it can now simply be used to travel to a new world.
- A new, more advanced boat has been included to replace the old Bull Boat’s functionality.
- Ammo and fire consumables (tinder, kindling, etc.) will now be checked throughout all containers in player’s inventory, not just those that are equipped.
- Chickens now longer spawn by default, they have been added to a higher tier.
- The container menu/window will now display the name of the container that is currently open.
- Slowed down plant spreading chance by around 75%.
- Speed up fire spreading chance by around 25%.
- Blood removal now has a custom message and no longer loops as a second action.
- Plants may now randomly, and rarely spontaneously grow (not just from spreading from another as previous).
- Performance of the offline, downloadable version should be improved a bit.
- Complete documentation and hint/help guide added. Caution: heavy spoilers! Let me know if you can see any improvements to be made on this.
- Added unique corpses to aberrant creatures.
- A few new items and item uses added.
- Eggs have been added and can now hatch into chickens, or be laid by chickens.
- Help and donation buttons added to the main menu.
- spawnMonster now has an extra parameter for forcing aberrant status.
Released June 14th, 2014.
Beta 1.9 contains all the changes and fixes included in 1.8.1-1.8.6.
Fixed a bug where:
- De-spawning would stop to function properly after awhile in a game/session.
- Using quick-slotted items with hotkeys would bypass sling/bow equip restrictions and cause containers not to work.
- Quickslotted items would not restock if thrown from the item menu.
- 0 durability items being blocked from crafting if they were just required (and not consumed).
- Dying while rafting would cause the player to become stuck on respawn.
- Invisible rotten meat would keep spawning in a player’s inventory if they had some meat with a 0 decay in the first spot of a container, in the first spot of their inventory. You can see how this one was hard to track down!
- Filters would not work in Safari.
- Items would disappear if you tried to use “Drop (All) In Opened Container” when not facing the chest.
- Closing a container with the “X” would not actually close the container via game logic, possibly causing some container errors.
- Fists and throwing items with no damage type would result in no vulnerabilities and resistances being applied.
- Players could get different items back after they just placed a tile. For example, getting shale from a pile of gravel they just placed down.
- Randomized events will now happen more frequently.
- Acceleration on movement slowed down on turning to produce more accurate facing movements.
- Slowed down monster de-spawn a bit (although, it’s much faster than before due to a bug fix).
- Items you cannot craft are displayed with a red border instead of a very low opacity.
- If a container breaks from throwing, the items inside now scatter around the point of impact.
- Decreased the durability on branches, bones, and wooden poles to promote crafting of higher tiered items for gathering/fighting.
- You can now turn while moving with your mouse and holding down, instead of having to de-click, and then changing directions.
- Increased vine whip durability.
- “A Spear” is now “A Stone Spear”.
- You now always have a chance at doing at least 1 damage to a creature.
- Resists and vulnerabilities re-balanced across all creatures.
- Fixed some grammar issues with combat messages.
- A couple new survival food related items added.
- Added a couple missing translation texts including recipe skill, equipment type, damage types, and dialog titles.
- A pick-up option was added to the action menu for doors.
- Inspecting an aberrant monster will now reveal it’s abnormal.
- Combat messages will now reveal effectiveness of what you are using to damage a creature.
- New fancy webkit-only scroll bars!
- Item CSS is now generated dynamically instead of via CSS. This will improve modibility and changing of items on the fly.
Beta 1.8.6 (Weekly)
Released May 1st, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- Mobs would eventually stop de-spawning properly, causing too many monsters present on longer playthroughs.
- A default english.js customization would fail, making translations not able to be loaded fully.
- Increased default durability for both of the slings.
- There is now a “Resting” and “Sleeping” feature. If you were familiar before with Resting, basically, Sleeping is now that functionality. Resting is a bit different now in that you will now automatically stop resting when your Stamina is full. On top of this, Resting, unlike Sleeping cycles (length) are not dictated by time of day or if you are facing a fire, but still dependant on your Camping skill a bit. Resting will provide the same regenerative effects as Sleeping; however, your hunger and thirst will still increase as if you were normally taking turns, while sleeping gives a bonus decrease to this (as per usual).
- You can now “Rest” from the Actions menu without any item; however, you will receive less regenerative effects resting directly on the ground.
- Special randomized events now have the rare chance of occurring, these include:
- Bare trees can become full again.
- Trees can grow extra resources.
- Monster death.
- Monster health increase.
- Monster health decrease.
- Plant destroy.
- Plant fertility increase.
- Plant fertility decrease.
- More of these events to come.
Beta 1.8.5 (Weekly)
Released April 18th, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- Item menus would hover off of the left side of the screen.
- Items in an opened container would not update if decayed (and cause errors) until re-opened.
- An opened container would not close if thrown.
- Movement was being dictated by FPS which on some configurations (GPU/browser) was causing very fast movements.
- Errors were produced when killing a monster from shot/thrown item.
- Slowed down plant spreading by about 50%.
- Increased chance at getting hurt from not using a tool while gathering (and now picking up items without a tool via new Actions menu).
- Throwing and shooting (slings/bows) now reduce stamina based on a Tactics skill check like attacking melee currently does.
- New “Actions” menu (hotkey “q”) implemented. This will create a contextual menu for your facing tile where one or more of the following actions will now be available: Inspect, Gather, Attack, Drink and/or Pick-up.
- Fixed some possible bugs/errors caused by not converting item id’s to numbers (parseInt).
Beta 1.8.4 (Weekly)
Released April 10th, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- Cave houses were not spawning with items randomly.
- Throwing a container would destroy the items inside.
- Initial game/save load sped up by around 10-20% depending on browser/hardware.
- Skeletons can now sometimes spawn in generated templates/houses/boats.
- Performing any action on a hidden enemy (Trap Door Spider) will now reveal it.
- Fixed an issue with some sounds on some browsers where audio would sound like it was getting cut-off.
- Derelict boats and rafts can now spawn in the open seas.
- There is now a code console in options where you can any code without needing to load a mod.
- Templating code/objects have been overhauled.
Beta 1.8.3 (Weekly)
Fixed a bug where:
- Digging/carving up environmental objects would sometimes produce an item with a negative durability.
- The Bow Drill is now crafted from the Hand Drill. The graphic now also reflects this.
- The Raft now requires a Boat Paddle. The graphic now also reflects this.
- The rafting graphic that appears under your while drifting now changes direction based on movement.
- Attributes and stats in the HUD/GUI are now broken up on larger resolutions. The attributes are now more condensed in general as well.
- The container window acts like the rest of the windows and saves it’s position/size between game re-loads.
- You can now sometimes dig into fresh water resources from dirt/gravel/swamp tiles on the rare occasion.
- Resting now uses the fastest available timing. There’s no more artificial delay, the delay that is there is literally how fast it takes to run the turns sequentially.
- Updated supported browser version listing.
- The Player.use item function has been removed; everything is now passed automatically via object variables to their proper actions.
Beta 1.8.2 (Weekly)
Released April 3rd, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- The player would take fire damage if trying to attack an enemy that is over top of a fire source.
- Tool-tips and item hovers would not change after crafting an item until your mouse moved again.
- You could gather from resource tiles that were on fire.
- Tall rocks could randomly change graphics on first gather.
- Mining and Fishing skill now benefits the radius in which you can dig or fish up treasure up to a maximum of 11 tiles away (1 tile per 10%).
- Gathering treasure will allow you to gain in Mining/Fishing skills.
- Gathering treasure will now damage the tool used.
- Carving will no longer stop after carving blood, it will cycle through the next object on the tile.
- You can now craft once again with 0 durability items.
- Inventory containers (bags, backpacks, etc.) will now stay open on movement.
- All crafted items now get at least 1 durability.
- Expert level items are a bit harder to craft (versus a skill check).
- Some miscellaneous spelling fixes.
- A new “Gather Treasure” action has been added to the item menu for shovels and fishing nets. This is to be used instead of trying to decode the map near the treasure. It will automatically cycle through what ever maps you have in your inventory to find a match.
- A light radius has been added to cave entrances. The intensity of light is determined by the time of day/night.
- The rafting (or drift) system has been overhauled. Rafts can now be used in any water and will allow you to move at normal speeds, outside of the water. Raft is damaged based on movement.
Beta 1.8.1 (Weekly)
Released March 27th, 2014.
Fixed a bug where:
- Monsters could spawn on top of fire of other blocking environmental objects.
- Placing a tile on grass was ignoring the proper stack (and not turning the grass to dirt).
- Pouring a Pile of Snow was making game and save file completely unplayable.
- Some containers were causing many errors. Is this the end of container bugs? Thanks Milo Hoffmann!
- Tool-tips and item menus were showing behind dialogs still (hopefully this is fixed for real now).
- Digging up cobblestone was not returning the proper item.
- Made Iron in rocks and sandstone a bit easier to spot visually.
- A new crafting hint/help dialog has been added that explains all the depth and intricacies of crafting.
- Coal rocks have been added back in as a resource tile.
- There is now a drop gathered items on ground option available.
- Wayward now uses Application Cache technology. This means all the game’s files will now get stored on your computer and load instantly regardless of normal browser caching. New files will get re-downloaded only on updates.
Released March 20th, 2014
Beta 1.8 contains all the changes and fixes included in 1.7.1-1.7.4.
Fixed a bug where:
- Resting could sometimes cause a permanent black screen when interrupted.
- You could not kill a Blindfish due to an error.
- Where dropping an item would always close an inventory container dialog.
- Tiles now have a minimum and maximum property added to them (same system as the recent environmental item change). There isn’t much gameplay change here yet – but will happen soon!
- Offline build now uses node-webkit 0.9.2. This should improve performance; however, it seems kind of buggy with sound.
Beta 1.7.4 (Weekly)
Released March 13th, 2014
Fixed a bug where:
- Dropping an inventory container would not close it and cause errors.
- Pouring water on open fire would not extinguish it.
- Solar Stills recipes were duplicating on new games still.
- The new favicon was not showing up on certain browsers/configurations.
- Filters would not work after the first game of a session.
- There is now a loading icon to signify loading times. This is only partially implemented right now and will only happen on initial page load and during resting.
- Resting now uses a loading cycle. This will stop the freezing resting was causing especially during night (or with campfire bonus). This change also allows you to see your stats change over the period of your rest.
- The Jelly Cube now has significant more resistance from Blunt damage.
- Chicken feather drop rate has been halved (due to another creature sharing it’s effect).
- Lots of monster graphic changes to make the difference between aberrant and normals much more apparent.
- The version warning/error you get on old saves is now more generalized and helpful
- Sort buttons now titled “Sort” instead of “Sort Inventory” for example. More space!
- Increased monster de-spawn rate a bit.
- Increased talent needed to unlock new monster tiers a bit.
- Default spawn rate decreased a bit.
- Stone Knives reduced to 20 durability (from 25). They also consume 2 sharpened rocks on use (instead of just 1).
- A new “Utensils” group has been added. You will now need one of these for any cooking.
- Removed pole-likes from anything that needed wood in specific (these were changed to Wooden Poles).
- Branches are no longer pole-likes.
- Campfire graphic changed slightly to show the non-requirement of fuel/pole-likes.
- Saplings are no longer pole-likes, but can craft into Branches.
- A brand new creature has been added.
Beta 1.7.3 (Weekly)
Released March 6th, 2014
Fixed a bug where:
- Starting a game with an equipped torch would not provide a light bonus until you moved.
- Equipping a torch would not provide a light bonus until you moved.
- Dialogs could be moved past screen a bit.
- Dialogs would move a bit when you closed and opened them back up after resizing them.
- Hitting a creature in water while on ground would produce Swimming skill gains, particle effects, and even cure “Burning Pain”.
- Moving into chests or other blocked tiles while encumbered would reduce stamina and potentially hurt you.
- Legendary items would change their bonuses on each pick-up.
- Rendering performance improved a bit.
- A Pole-like is no longer needed in the Campfire recipe.
- Added a meta tag that should stop iOS (beta) from displaying the top/bottom bars.
- Dialogs now support smaller minimum widths and heights to support more customized placements/layouts.
- Dialogs now appear to be transparent if not hovered over them. This will allow you to possibly leave them open more frequently now as you can see enemies behind them.
- Other various improvements done to dialogs like condensing everything a bit, adding some new styling, and adding the filter into the button bar instead of inside the dialog.
- Raw Clay can now be placed back down as a tile.
- When you place a tile over grass, it will now die and turn to dirt.
- Added favicon and app icon support for iOS/Android/Microsoft including retina displays with a new Wayward icon (instead of the “U” from Unlok).
- Release variable now added instead of it being hard-coded in all the file pathing.
- A few minor edits were done to the language/english.js file.
Beta 1.7.2 (Weekly)
Released February 27th, 2014
Fixed a bug where:
- Solar Stills would never finish purifying water.
- Monsters would no longer spawn in late-game Daily Challenge Mode.
- Some newer items would display the wrong item on the ground/pick-up animation.
- Solar Still/Stone Water Still recipes would duplicate on new game.
- Shooting a bow/sling without ammo would give an “undefined” message.
- Fishing a Raw Trout would not unlock the Cooked Trout recipe.
- Tool-tips and item menus would appear behind windows/dialogs.
- Tool-tips did not have smooth movement on some windows/dialogs.
- Firefox would receive many errors when trying to swim near the starting point of the world.
- Treasure guardian message would show even if no treasure guardians spawned.
- Removed monster spawning limit, increased monster de-spawn rate.
- Vined trees will now only show up near swamps.
- Saplings have been added back as gathered resources from trees.
- Large rocks/shale no longer spawn as “resource nodes” on Sandstone.
- All arrowheads can now be used as sharpened items and for carving.
- Sinew is now a rope-like.
- Golden Sword can be used for carving.
- Sapling is now a pole-like and can be used to stoke fires.
- Increased default fishing success by 35%.
- Wooden Spear can now only be crafted with a Wooden Pole.
- Range of treasure guardians increased a bit.
- The non-pixelized font now defaults to your system’s default sans-serif (instead of Helvetica, Arial) for better character/localization support.
- You can now right-click to see the water status on Solar Still/Stone Water Still.
- You can no longer dig up a still that still has water in it.
- Fixed an issue where 0 durability items were not showing up as red in the tool-tips.
- Resource tiles are now physically spawned, rather than items simply spawning on top of them. This will give a large performance boost as well as reduce save file space by 40%+ on new saves. Unfortunately most of this will only apply to newer saves.
- Resource tiles now appear visibly different on the minimap, and are visibly different even outside line of sight.
- Upgraded to jQuery 2.1/jQueryUI 1.10.4.
- english.js (translation file) now reveals when changes are made to the file to keep your translation up to date easier (Removed/Added/Edited with version information). The default english.js file now also includes a statement at the bottom which will switch the user’s font to their default sans-serif font for better character/localization. There was several language changes made in 1.7.2.
Beta 1.7.1 (Weekly)
Released February 20th, 2014
Fixed a bug where:
- Legendary equipables were not giving skill bonuses.
- The spyglass was not working (not updating the mini map).
- Mod loading messages were always in red, and even resulted in success if there was an error.
- You could not use previous/next buttons in the Hints (or Help) dialog.
- Moving into a locked chest would open an empty container dialog.
- Ponds and houses spawned too close to the shore (again).
- Crafting with an item that had 0 durability resulted in an error. Items with 0 durability can no longer be used in crafting.
- Environmental items did not have a minimum durability added.
- Dialogs now go over HUD elements once again.
- The load modification input now clears on load/attempted load.
- Skill gain is now doubled in Daily Challenge Mode.
- Shale is now usable in everything that needed a “Sharp Rock” specifically before. Shale has also been added to Sandstone drops.
- “An Arrowhead” is now “A Stone Arrowhead”.
- Patches of clay can sometimes spawn around shores now.
- Some spawned houses are now wooden-build. All generates houses can now contain fixtures such as Campfires, Furances, Locked Wooden Chests and more.
- Exceptional, Remarkable, Legendary crafting chances lowered slightly.
- Most “Build” items now have much higher durability when set down or affixed to the world. They can also be repaired. For example, Wooden Chests (normal quality) had 3-6 durability, but now have 7-10, and can be repaired.
Special thanks to vlsd and Orillian on this release.
Released February 16th, 2014
- Fixed a bug where clicking off and on a dialog when scrolled would reset the scroll bar position.
- Fixed a bug where ponds would spawn too close to the shore.
- Fixed several Internet Explorer 11 issues including not being able to click on HUD menus.
- Fixed a bug where quickslotted items would be removed on game load and be completely inaccessible.
- Fixed an issue where the numbers would disappear in quickslots in Firefox.
- A check under the player is now done on every turn (to check if there’s a fire under you).
- Fixed a bug where items would not decay properly on the ground.
- Fixed a bug where pouring water on a Lit Stone Water Still would cause it to disappear.
- Fixed a bug where “Remove All Data” did not remove Milestones or Crafts.
- Fixed some errors that may occur with containers on rare occasions.
- Shift + right click has been disabled in Firefox (causes context menu to display and traps “shift” as always on). Use alt instead in Firefox.
- Fixed an oversight that disallowed all touch events (this has been hot-fixed in beta 1.6).
- All aberrants now drop items. This also fixed the aberrant milestone not triggering.
- Fixed an error occurring when trying to light a fire with an empty container equipped.
- Fixed a bug where gathering would ignore the previous stack of tiles under it. For example, gathering a Stone Wall back into your inventory would always spawn dirt underneath even if you placed other terrain types under it previously.
- “Save and Exit” removed for Firefox. Firefox does not support exiting a tab/window without native browser input.
- Fixed “00″ score bug when dying on no/low score. Score formula slight change (no longer counts number of treasures).
- Fixed several errors and oversights relating to treasure items and travelling home (would not always count the proper amount). Removed all treasure finding messages.
- Equipped containers no longer get damaged (preventing several errors and unintended consequences).
- Fixed a bug that would slightly resize/move each dialog on each load.
- Fixed a long standing bug that would cause the character to continue moving if focus of the tab/window was left while a key was being pressed (among other causes). This would routinely cause players to die as they would continue walking into monsters or getting hurt from stamina loss.
- Players now start with the knowledge on how to build both Stone Water Stills and Solar Stills.
- Stone Water Still now requires rock-likes instead of Large Rocks.
- Repairing now reduces maximum durability by 1/3 instead of 1/2.
- Default item durability has been increased by one.
- Doubled durability bonus on Remarkable/Exceptional/Legendary (tripled).
- Stone Walls now require Large Rocks for crafting.
- Lockpicking, opening bottles, using a Spyglass/Sundial, and using any edible/healing/curing items now all pass a turn.
- Environmental items are now damaged when dug/carved back up. If they reach 0 durability, you can no longer use them in that context.
- Pressing ESC while in the inventory/crafting filter will now clear and un-focus it.
- Waterskin now requires less skill to create.
- It now takes a less fuel/stoking to make a fire “raging”.
- Fresh water now has a very rare chance to spawn around mountainous terrain.
- Health now regenerates slower by default.
- Durability of items used in craft now effects the durability of the crafted item now.
- You now start with some randomization starting pools of stamina/hunger/thirst/health. This effect is doubled for Daily Challenge Mode.
- Food now generally decays a bit faster across the board. Hunger rate increased a small amount.
- Facing a fire while resting will now provide bonuses to regenerative effects and duration.
- Higher tiered monsters will now attack a bit harder.
- Spear attack values lowered across all tiers.
- Lowered Living Mushroom spawn chance.
- Cover art now supports resolutions above 1920×1080.
All randomness in the game is now based on your seed.Will come in next version as implementing causes world generation changes.
- You can now quickslot every item. If there is no uses/actions available, it will default to being thrown.
- Crafting order is now based on the order it appears in your inventory, equipment or quickslot (in that order). No longer just limited to just inventory items. The hover effect will now only show which items will be used in the craft.
- Equipment/crafting dialogs have been separated from the inventory. New hotkeys added for equipment (E), and crafting (C). Skill hotkey is now X.
- As with any release, there’s been several performance improvements.
- Several HUD and GUI improvements including a fix to opacity contrast on some transparent elements. The HUD/GUI is still a work in progress.
- The main menu is now used when starting a game. This will allow new game-modes and other options.
- Plants that are planted are not automatically non-fertile.
- Removed all “Poor” items. They have been all renamed to match material descriptors instead of quality descriptors. Several minor recipe changes because of this.
- “Dump” action changed to “Set Down”.
- Better positioning added for item menus near the right or bottom edge of the screen – mouse cursor should now always be positioned within them.
- There is now no maximum size for dialogs. Make them as big as you want! The minimum height has also been decreased.
- The minimap converts to a smaller version when screen is smaller in width (previously would only occur on a small screen height).
- The Steam Greenlight badge has been removed.
- Traps now do more damage dependent on skill.
- Monsters will no longer spawn on any player made tiles/flooring.
- Some monsters are now limited to what type of environment or tile they can spawn on or near.
- Bears can now swim.
- You can no longer move while game menu is opened.
- Opening the main game menu will now closes any open item menus.
- New batch of Milestones added.
- Translation system implemented. Official translations will be coming later.
- Daily Challenge Mode added. Extremely difficult mode that is only for fun (or frustration) that changes each day. Does not effect your save.
- New “water” sound.
- New item menu commands available: Add to Quickslot, Remove from Quickslot, Drop All, Drop in Opened Container, Drop All in Opened Container, Remove from Container, Remove All from Container.
- There is now an auto save that happens every 5000 turns in case of crash.
- You can throw any item. The distance is dependant on the item’s weight and Throwing skill. The damage is dependant on the attack value of the item thrown, or the weight if the item has no attack value shown in the tool-tip. Some items can only be thrown if the player has the proper strength (based on item’s weight).
- There’s a variety of new resting items and changes to the current Leaf Bedroll for balance. There’s a few other surprises as well.
- There is new status effect called “Burning Pain”.
- Zoom in/out options added to the options menu.
- Seeds are now defined with a base (for map generation) and a saved to continue the seed on game loads.
- ?convert-save can now be used in the URL to force a save conversion. Useful for in-development versions.
- Uses are now defined in an array. No more “use/secondaryuse”. onUse also added as an object to define effects for each use.
- “tile” removed from all item naming conventions to be more consistent with the item name.
- Monster spawning definitions (such as the new spawnTiles/spawnTalent) are now defined in with the rest of monster data (npcs) to be modified/dynamically altered during gameplay.
Special thanks to arktvrvs and Grom_PE on this release.
Released December 6th, 2013
- Fixed a bug where milestones and crafted items were getting removed when closing the game directly after death.
- Fixed a bug where both hands would not attack depending on what was equipped or not equipped. Both hands should now be used in an attack no matter what now.
- Fixed (indirectly) a bug that caused the minimap to glitch out when near edge of world.
- Fixed several music errors and bugs related to switching tracks or multiple tracks playing at the same time.
- Fixed an exploit that would allow you to reset your thirst by eating something that made you gain thirst.
- Fixed a bug that was damaging random items on attack (with no weapons). Attacking with your hands can now hurt you in combat again (was bugged).
- Fixed a bug where Trout could go on land after being attacked.
- Fixed Trout resistances to stop a skill gain exploit. Trout are now harder to corner or get near, so fishing is always the best option now. Trout can now swim through (or under) you, and can move in random directions. Fish can also now go on shallow water.
- Fixed a bug where lighting a fire successfully was taking two turns.
- Fixed a bug where some dialog buttons were not working in IE9.
- Fixed a bug where dirt tiles would not lead or route water properly.
- Fixed a bug on IE9, and possibly other older browsers that wouldn’t re-populate the inventory/crafting list after clearing out the filters.
- Fixed a bug that did not show any durability when an item had 0 durability left.
- Fixed an issue where text in red on uncraftable items was not counting required items.
- Fixed a bug where music would double up if repeating the playlist.
- Fixed an issue where the first drag and drop would fail on Inventory/Container dialog.
- Fixed an issue where void/black-hole-like tiles would appear on older save games.
- Fixed a bug where you could gather multiple walls on hit when only using one or no tools when gathering from a tile that was previously a resource tile of some kind. Pretty specific, no?
- Fixed a bug where sharks could spawn in caves.
- Fixed a bug where sea water would spawn in caves on rare occasions.
- Fixed a bug where every second music track was being skipped.
- Fixed a bug where more than one movement would happen on cave exit/enter.
- Fixed a bug where the HUD would disappear permanently on win/travel state.
- Fixed some errors when fighting bare-handed.
- Containers are now left open when placing something inside/removing something.
- Damaged items now show in red inside containers like in inventory.
- Tinder, Kindling, and Fuel-likes have been removed from crafting recipes. Lighting a fire now requires each of these (unless using a torch, then you only need fuel). If you are starting the fire on a flammable tile, you don’t need fuel.
- Sandstone is now a rock-like item. Kilns now require a rock-like (instead of Sandstone, specifically). This is until the world map changes are in.
- Default light radius around your character is now gone. Be scared! And… grab a torch!
- Right clicking will only drop now. Secondary uses are executed from new context menu. Less confusion!
- Failing to plant an item will now damage it.
- You can now pour Waterskins/Glass Bottles out without needing to necessarily pour on to something.
- Trouts now spawn more commonly than sharks.
- Scared creatures now try to escape (randomly) when they are scared instead of lock into combat with you.
- You only gain combat skills if you actually dealt damage. Misses still provide fail skill bonus.
- Resource gathering is now twice as fast; however, there is a larger wait between actions when you get item(s).
- Quality of items used in craft now also effect the decay property (primarily with cooking).
- All required/consumed items are now damaged on a crafting fail.
- It’s now a bit more common to fail on trying to craft an item out of your skill range.
- Water containers, Spyglasses, and Sundials now reduce in durability on use.
- Creature tiers now scale/unlock a bit slower (less high-level enemies at start of game).
- Fixed grammar to correct “drinking” of drinkable items as well as “cooked” of cooking crafted items.
- Starting items, resource gathering, monster loot, chest loot all now have a chance to be Remarkable (uncommon), Exceptional (rare) or even Legendary (very rare) items.
- Using Remarkable, Exceptional and Legendary items in a craft now effect the chances of your craft also taking on these qualities. Reduced chance of creating Remarkable items by default. You can now craft Remarkable/Exceptional items across everything (instead of just limited to equippables).
- Fire Elementals now have a much lower chance to spawn fire.
- Poison, bleeding and burned status effects are now have randomized damage and scale with your strength. Equipment now taken into account for burn damage and can absorb some or all of the damage.
- Abberant spawning now a bit more rare for lower talent, but now also a bit more common on very high talent.
- Durability warnings (and red visual) now start at 2 durability instead of 1.
- You can no longer plant items in cave that won’t grow there.
- The hint window now stops all game input until disabled or closed.
- Fresh water tiles now are now visually different than sea water (via mini-map and tile graphics).
- You can now use a shovel over a cave entrance/exit to gather an environmental item, or pick up a chest for example.
- You can now use a shovel on entrance/exit to cave it in. Digging above/below exit/entrance will now open it back up.
- Cave entrances/exits can no longer spawn beside each other.
- Bows now need to be equipped to be used.
- There is now particle effects on thrown/shot items.
- The Bull Boat is no longer destroyed on travel (but it is damaged).
- Crafting now has a delay. This stops accidentally double clicking and making unwanted items.
- Milestones now save permanently, and each unlocked on start gives +1% to starting skill, and chance for more starting items.
- There is now slightly more monsters on new world generation by default.
- Living Rocks now drop Limestone and Talc in addition to others items.
- Treasure loot is now improved with a better chance of more items, and better items. Also fixed a bug that was limiting treasure and producing errors on chest unlock.
- Most containers can now be equipped. Ammunition will be searched for in equipped containers before checking rest of inventory. There is new “Back” slot in the inventory.
- You can now fast equip armor, weapons and tools by clicking the equip to command from the new item menu. It will automatically swap things out just as per normal drag + drop functionality. For held items, it will target the left hand first, then the right hand (if something is equipped already in the left hand), then continue swapping for just the right hand.
- New context/item menu implemented via single click on to item. The new item menu will feature all interactions that you can use the item for. This opens up lots of future possibilities. There’s only a couple of interactions right now, but expect to see more options soon!
- A few new unique creatures and tons of new items/crafts including some rare/special stuff. No spoilers!
- Smooth movement has been added. This is disabled by default (for now).
- Control (Ctrl) now replaced with Shift or Alt key modifiers to add proper Mac OS/cross-browser support.
- New sound effect for bow firing.
- Ponds have been added to caves as well as some other visual and geological changes.
- Game screen illustrations now are formatted (new art!) to fit 16:9, but now scale dynamically for other resolutions as well.
- Bleeding and poisoning now cause visual differences in your character.
- There is now “invisible” type milestones that reveal the progress, but not the name (the reverse of hidden milestones). Which milestones are hidden and invisible are now randomized on game start.
- Added a series of new milestones to unlock and discover.
- You can now force a world seed regeneration using ?seed= in url.
- Added a better caching system to prevent users from loading old game files when new version is released.
- Huge performance improvements regarding the rendering of item changes, objects, mini map, tiles, lighting and more. This has decreased CPU usage by around 10%.
Released September 22nd, 2013
- Weapon durability now only decreases if you do at least 1 damage.
- Items quickslotted will now re-quickslot on use if available from your inventory.
- There’s now a “Save and Exit” option.
- Confirm yes/no dialogs added for “End Current Game”, “Delete All Game Data” and traveling options.
- Fixed particle locations for ranged combat and fishing.
- You can now cast your Fishing Rod or Fishing Net without targeting a fish in specific. This can sometimes return seaweed or “wanted/unwanted” attention.
- Fixed an “undefined” error that would pop-up when ever you attempted to attack a creature for 0 damage.
- You can now attempt to attack a fish normally; however, as it’s underwater, it may be hard to kill with lesser weaponry. It’s suggested to still using Fishing Rods or Fishing Nets to catch them.
- Spears are no longer “Fishing” items, instead they are now “Throwing” weapons.
- You no longer move to fire bows (yes, there’s more than one now!), instead, you can double click to fire them (provided you have the ammunition).
- Throwing/Shooting range re-balanced. Certain items now also have varying ranges and attack values.
- Equipping and moving items from/to containers now takes a turn.
- Projectiles and bows now reduce in durability on use.
- You can now take damage from fighting bare-handed.
- Aberrant monsters now spawn (more at night/in caves/on treasure). They are doubly as strong (both defense/attack), always hostile, and can potentially drop rare items.
- Sound and music system has been reworked. There is now no flash fallback at all. The new system will reduce the performance issues that happen after playing for a long time. Loading will also now be faster, and will use less bandwidth (if playing the browser version).
- Game artwork and illustration screens are now full height/width.
- Fixed an error when monsters walked over Hobgoblin set traps.
- Fixed a bug where the minimap would not scale on smaller resolutions.
- Water routing is more consistently easier to do now.
- Fixed a vulnerability bug with Skeletons.
- Fixed some blurry game elements on some browsers when zoomed in.
- “Pour” can also be used for gardening (or watering plants).
- Milestone system has been implemented. Special bonuses are given out on obtaining each one. More milestones will appear each release.
- Skills no longer update if skills window is closed (performance).
- Resource gathering bonuses now depend much less on attack value of weapon(s) or tools used. Much more important are weapon to tool damage types. Blunt has bonuses for Mining, while Slashing has bonuses for Lumberjacking.
- Fixed a bug where you could lose items by drag/dropping them into a crafting filter.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t drag/drop items from equipment or quickslot into container directly.
- Requirements now are shown in red in the tool-tip if you do not have the item, or enough items for the craft.
- Chickens can now drop feathers from movement.
- Monster spawn cycle is now faster, and now progressively gets faster the longer you play.
- Fixed a bug where you would try to interact with shallow water instead of the water still on top of it while using a Waterskin.
- Gathering snow from a Waterskin now uses up the snow tile.
- Ore veins now have the potential to be double the size.
- Arrow weights re-balanced.
- Fixed a bug where you could plant over items or other plants. You will now attempt to drop plantable items on either of these failures now as well.
- You can now control + right click to attempt to drop all of the same type of items on the ground/container. You can also hold control while drag/dropping items for the same effect between containers/inventory.
- Fix to grammar for gaining/losing negative stat values.
- Fixed a bug where torches were heavier than they were supposed to be. Animal Fat Torches are now much better than Bark Torches/Poor Torches.
- Raft cycles no longer count the starting tile as part of the distance calculated.
- The Auto-pickup option no longer disables the ability to pick-up items using spacebar/click character action.
- There is now “fresh” water sources (in caves, ponds, oases) in which you can place into a Waterskin or Glass Bottle to drink directly. You can also boil fresh water to make it cleaner and less potentially hazardous to health. Fresh water does not need to be desalinated unlike sea/ocean water which still needs to be distilled using a still or Flask.
- Fixed a bug where stone houses would appear in desert biomes. Stone houses are also now a bit more rare on the overworld.
- Glass Bottles have been implemented as an accompaniment to Waterskins; they work in the same way.
- A handful of new items have been introduced including a focus on Archery/Bowcrafting materials/weapons.
- You now have a very good chance to water route if you dig near a water tile, especially if you Mining skill is high.
- Starting characters now get a bit less strength potential, but a better variety of potential spawning items.
- Fixed error when a monster would go out of map bounds.
- Many decaying changes including: Melted Amber now reverts to Amber after some time. Poor Glue, Rotting Vegetation, Rotten Meat now all decay. Many items now decay into nothing instead of the Rotting Vegetation default (mushrooms for example).
- Jelly Cube’s are now resistant to slashing and blunt instead of slashing and piercing.
- Items with a durability of 1 or less now show up in red in your inventory/equipment/quickslots.
- Monsters will now produce sound effects and messages when getting trapped or trampling plant-life within your screen radius.
- You will now only gain Trapping skill if the creature is damaged within your screen radius.
- You can now use Pour items to douse all “lit” fire items, such as Furances, Kilns, etc.
- Fixed multiple bugs with water still messages. Provided more helpful messages for all water pouring and still usage.
- Animal Fat is now a Fuel-like and a Combustible item.
- Sharks and Trout now re-spawn over time.
- A Lit Animal Fat Torch now has a different graphic than A Lit Bark Torch.
- Sharks no longer provide Bones, but have an extra Fishsteak.
- You can now extinguish fire on trees and other flammable tiles using a “Pour” item.
- All requirement items now have a durability. Meaning, you can’t just make one Mortar and Pestle and have it last entire game any longer for example.
- Thirst/hunger reduction slowed down a bit more (balance).
- Waterskins can now be found on loot and within houses (balance).
- The inventory now also has a filter option for name/group.
- Fixed a bug that shown “Damage Type:” in the wrong location on the tool-tip.
- Fixed a bug that always focused on the crafting filter when you opened the inventory window.
Released July 21st, 2013
- Each weapon is now calculated separately for attack.
- Stopped a bug that would show black pixels on the right and bottoms of the screen depending on resolution.
- Monsters now have defense, resistances, and vulnerabilities based on weapon damage types.
- Preliminary implementation of weapons damage types.
- Held weapons are now degraded based on wether they hit or not.
- Trapping skill and items have been implemented.
- Fixed a bug where your treasure counter would always be reset to 0 on winning, even if you had more treasures.
- Fixed a bug where you could die multiple times over.
- You can now end the current game from the main menu (you all character progress, but keep recipes).
- You can now sort and filter crafts now. You can filter by name, group and skill currently. You can sort by name and skill.
- New help and hints added for thirst, poison and bleeding.
- Player status now warns on several different factors, including: Starving, Dehydrated, Near Death, Exhausted, Bleeding and Poisoned.
- The “Extinguish” property is now “Pour” to coincide with the new distilling abilities.
- Many new items including everything needed to distill water and cure poisoning.
- One of the new items has the ability to tell the time of day or night.
- Preliminary monster de-spawning or decay added.
- Poisoning has been added with several ways to cure yourself.
- Shields are no longer damaged on attack or gather.
- Plant and mushrooms can now be trampled by players and monsters. You can also trample fires if they are weak enough.
- New monsters with a special abilities.
- All edibles now have a decay value.
- Monster loot and carves has been re-balanced and tweaked across the board.
- Fixed a bug where torches were not keeping their quality properties after lit/unlit.
- Fixed a bug where ore veins were spawning on the ground, or over improper tiles like trees.
- There is a now a falloff chance for stat gains (Strength/Dexterity/Metabolism). Over time, they get harder to raise.
- Thirst has been added with more ways to create drinkable water.
- Hunger now increases slower.
- There is now support for multiple groupings. Coal for example is now considered, “Carbons” and “Fuel-like”.
- Non-hostile creatures now appear less frequent as you progress through the game.
- Animations now appear over all game objects. Text or pick-ups are no longer hidden under monsters/player graphics.
- Fixed a bug where crafting options were not being re-calculated when an item was right-clicked off of quickslots or equipment list.
- You now learn past crafted items just by having the materials in your inventory. You no longer have to craft them for them to stay. Craft discovery rate has also been increased very slightly.
- Fixed an issue where the tool-tip would get reset to the top left position of the screen on some browsers.
- You can now carry a bit more weight by default (+5).
- Default spread strength of most plants decreased. This will encourage more gardening for player-grown crops.