For a long time now, playing the free version of beta 1.9.3 has been reserved for online browser play only. Tonight, we are releasing the offline version for download.
You can see the changes from 1.9.2 to 1.9.3 here: http://www.unlok.ca/wayward/introducing-wayward-free/
While this is not a huge deal, it could be useful for getting some new players into the game. I also know of a few people who have requested a downloadable copy of 1.9.3. So here’s an early Christmas present to them! All files and assets are now easily editable/hackable as well. Everything exists within the package.nw (or app.nw on Mac OS X) directory.
- Mac OS X (64-bit) – Mirror #1 / Mirror #2
- Windows (32-bit) – Mirror #1 / Mirror #2
- Windows (64-bit) – Mirror #1 / Mirror #2
- Linux (32-bit) – Mirror #1 / Mirror #2
- Linux (64-bit) – Mirror #1 / Mirror #2
Requirements for these builds:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later
- OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later
- 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.1+, or Fedora Linux 21+
In other news, we changed up our schedule a bit and are now working on beta 2.3 instead of another patch in the 2.2 series. We don’t have anything new to share a the moment, but will probably share some updates in the upcoming weeks. As always, you can follow along with the development via our Trello.